As 2009 is quickly becoming a closed chapter in our lives, I've really been concerned about my 2010 Intentions. Not only personal intentions and growth, but my business intentions as well. So as I've been chatting with friends and clients, I've realized many things, but most importantly is that I, among many others, just want to find that equal balance that gives them hope for a better tomorrow and happiness.
I've come upon many others resolutions, or as I will continue to call them ~ intentions, and I'd thought I'd share some of my favs.
1. Do pilates! I've never felt better than when I had a weekly routine. Now that my schedule has changed and I have neglected to include pilates, I feel like crud! #1 on my Intentions list!!
2. Watch at least one sunset and one sunrise every week. Now, if your on Tavarua, Fiji it's much better. So just stop and stare at the fantastic natural daily rythym that is sure to happen and it doesn't cost a thing!!
3. Make time to be creative. Take 10 minutes a day and get inspired!! Time away from your computer is time well spent, and the longer I am away from the screen the more ideas I come up with for new projects and endeavors.
4. Eat well. I know this is easier said than done with the hustle & bustle of our daily lives, but to continue we need to be reminded once again that what we put in our bodies is of the utmost importance.
5. Donate time, money, etc. to organizations that are making the world a better place. Big or small, international or local, there are so many great causes out there that are making positive change. Find a cause you love (or several) and support it in whatever way you can. We all make the excuse that you are too busy to help, or money is just too tight. REALLY! Just put yourself in a different place and really stop to think about how that would feel. I think we could all spare a trip or two to the coffee shop, or in my case ~ a case of DP!!
6. Stop making excusses for EVERYTHING! Own up to your own situations and deal with it like a responsible person.
7. Do good business. I've asked myself so many times why not change my ways, I'd make more money, etc. Call me old-fashioned, but I have integrety, morals and values and will continue to do good business and do right by my clients. I am proud of who I am, what I do and what I bring to the table. Can you say the same ~ I hope so my friends.
8. Smile more.
So that's what I think today!
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Ok, I just love these centerpieces from Kristan. They can be used with or without flowers. What a statment!!!
Slates Restaurant catered the event and pleased a tough crowd. Mary did a fantastic job setting up the app stations.
The Joe Linegan band kept the party rock'n!
Monday, December 14, 2009
Ok, I know it' not the best picture, but hopefully you can get an idea of how cool The Grand, Fresno's newest event venue, really is. Here, with blue uplighting, we were really able to create a frosty winter look. Sheri's birch trees were awesome!
Saturday, December 12, 2009
We had a great time working with other coordinators on this event. So greatfull to our sponsors, which I will list later ~ just wanted to give you a teaser!!!
PS - Thanks Nadia from Star Events for this picture!
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Don't miss out on this fantastic event! Four event planning companies have come together to bring all event vendors an incredible evening of holiday cheer. We are all very excited to bring so many wonderful people together that we all love to work with as well as to help our community. Thank you to all the sponsors who are helping make this event happen. Slates Restaurant, Town & Country Party Rentals, Media Solutions, Inc., Gala Ink, and the posted coordinating companies. You ROCK!!!
If you are unable to attend but would still like to contribute to our donation, please contact one of the planning companies. Thanks so much! Hope to see you all there!!!
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Are you ready for your annual Holiday Party? That's what I thought! Let The Velvet Society get you in the holiday spirit and ready to celebrate. There are many venues still available as well as private catering for a more personal touch.
The Velvet Society provides many services to help you during this busy time of year.
- Interior Decor
- Tree Trimming
- Menu Planning
- Table Setting
- Table Scaping
- Floral Design and Centerpieces
- Holiday Gift Giving Ideas
- Personal Shopping
- Travel Planning
We look forward to hearing from you and giving you the assistance you need.