As 2009 is quickly becoming a closed chapter in our lives, I've really been concerned about my 2010 Intentions. Not only personal intentions and growth, but my business intentions as well. So as I've been chatting with friends and clients, I've realized many things, but most importantly is that I, among many others, just want to find that equal balance that gives them hope for a better tomorrow and happiness.
I've come upon many others resolutions, or as I will continue to call them ~ intentions, and I'd thought I'd share some of my favs.
1. Do pilates! I've never felt better than when I had a weekly routine. Now that my schedule has changed and I have neglected to include pilates, I feel like crud! #1 on my Intentions list!!
2. Watch at least one sunset and one sunrise every week. Now, if your on Tavarua, Fiji it's much better. So just stop and stare at the fantastic natural daily rythym that is sure to happen and it doesn't cost a thing!!
3. Make time to be creative. Take 10 minutes a day and get inspired!! Time away from your computer is time well spent, and the longer I am away from the screen the more ideas I come up with for new projects and endeavors.
4. Eat well. I know this is easier said than done with the hustle & bustle of our daily lives, but to continue we need to be reminded once again that what we put in our bodies is of the utmost importance.
5. Donate time, money, etc. to organizations that are making the world a better place. Big or small, international or local, there are so many great causes out there that are making positive change. Find a cause you love (or several) and support it in whatever way you can. We all make the excuse that you are too busy to help, or money is just too tight. REALLY! Just put yourself in a different place and really stop to think about how that would feel. I think we could all spare a trip or two to the coffee shop, or in my case ~ a case of DP!!
6. Stop making excusses for EVERYTHING! Own up to your own situations and deal with it like a responsible person.
7. Do good business. I've asked myself so many times why not change my ways, I'd make more money, etc. Call me old-fashioned, but I have integrety, morals and values and will continue to do good business and do right by my clients. I am proud of who I am, what I do and what I bring to the table. Can you say the same ~ I hope so my friends.
8. Smile more.
So that's what I think today!
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Ok, I just love these centerpieces from Kristan. They can be used with or without flowers. What a statment!!!
Slates Restaurant catered the event and pleased a tough crowd. Mary did a fantastic job setting up the app stations.
The Joe Linegan band kept the party rock'n!
Monday, December 14, 2009
Ok, I know it' not the best picture, but hopefully you can get an idea of how cool The Grand, Fresno's newest event venue, really is. Here, with blue uplighting, we were really able to create a frosty winter look. Sheri's birch trees were awesome!
Saturday, December 12, 2009
We had a great time working with other coordinators on this event. So greatfull to our sponsors, which I will list later ~ just wanted to give you a teaser!!!
PS - Thanks Nadia from Star Events for this picture!
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Don't miss out on this fantastic event! Four event planning companies have come together to bring all event vendors an incredible evening of holiday cheer. We are all very excited to bring so many wonderful people together that we all love to work with as well as to help our community. Thank you to all the sponsors who are helping make this event happen. Slates Restaurant, Town & Country Party Rentals, Media Solutions, Inc., Gala Ink, and the posted coordinating companies. You ROCK!!!
If you are unable to attend but would still like to contribute to our donation, please contact one of the planning companies. Thanks so much! Hope to see you all there!!!
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Are you ready for your annual Holiday Party? That's what I thought! Let The Velvet Society get you in the holiday spirit and ready to celebrate. There are many venues still available as well as private catering for a more personal touch.
The Velvet Society provides many services to help you during this busy time of year.
- Interior Decor
- Tree Trimming
- Menu Planning
- Table Setting
- Table Scaping
- Floral Design and Centerpieces
- Holiday Gift Giving Ideas
- Personal Shopping
- Travel Planning
We look forward to hearing from you and giving you the assistance you need.
Saturday, October 17, 2009
This is my favorite picture of Erin ~ so far!!
The room was AMAZING!!
RSVP Please created the most incredible invitation!
Placesettings were picture perfect. Menu cards were by Exclusive Creations.
The aisle at Holy Trinity designed with rose petals.
Well, what can I say about working with Erin, the most organized bride I've ever seen! What a dream. Not only organized, Erin is extremely talented and creative. Mary and I really loved and appreciated the opportunity to work with Erin and her family to create her dream wedding. With over 700 guests in attendance, the event was flawless. We were fortunate enough to work with several event specialists that we know and love as well as a few that we finally got to work with! The 3 days of prep on the Exhibit Hall was a true transformation. Media Solutions Inc. nailed it with the pipe & drape and especially the lighting. Janice, at Town & Country Party Rentals, spent 3 days on ladders and booms hanging various matterials to create an amazing backdrop and center aisle ceiling swag that drew your focus right to the head table as you entered the room. Not the easiest job considering they had to work around the synthetic grass that we brought in for the center aisle and dance floor! Shannon at the Exhibit Hall at The Convention Center was fantastic working with all the scheduling that had to go down with an event of this magnitude. I was amazed at the timing that Pardini's served every single guest ~ with a hot meal!! Check out the cake ~ It was made by Sweet Dreams from a picture of Erin's parents wedding cake 30 years ago! So unique and a perfect personal touch. Gentile's Flower Basket went above and beyond. The centerpieces were perfect and created the finishing touch on the room.
The pictures you see are from Johnny Stafford Photography http://www.johnnystaffordphotography.com/ WOW!!! Simply amazing! Mary and I really enjoyed working with Johnny and Cindy for the first time, and I'm sure it won't be the last.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
A huge thank you to DJ Ellis at La Bella Vita Photography
for creating these amazing images.
for creating these amazing images.
Dreamy silk gown from Mia Bella Couture
...On top of the world and The Palatine Building
Interior Sunset glow created by Media Solutions, Inc.
Draping by Town & Country Party Rentals
...Just plain cool!
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Another Shout out and big thanks to
Ryan at RC Jones Photography for these
Venue ~ Clovis Memorial
Lighting ~ Media Solutions, Inc.
Limo ~ Royal Coach
Sunday, June 28, 2009
WOW! There's nothing like celebrating a Sweet 16 Birthday ~ CARNIVAL Style!! From the Red Carpet entrance to the Photo Booth beyond the Party Room, this party will never be forgotten! I am so grateful to the event specialist who worked on this event with me. Thank you so much for helping me create such a fun event.
Miss Hannah ~ Happy Birthday!!
The Red Carpet entrance (ok, ok, it was purple! ) was a perfect welcome and photo opportunity for Hannah's 115 guests. The Samba Dance Troupe greeted the guests upon arrival with the beating of thier drums and the authentic Brazilian dance styles. Dinner was ready as soon as the VIP, Hannah and her guests entered into Rio Grill. The food was AMAZING! And so much of it!
As dinner was over, the Samba Dance Troup danced about the guests and especially, Hannah.
They were so energetic and their costumes beautiful! The Troupe finished with a parade that led the guests outside the building and back in ~ yes the drums are very loud and we drew quite the crowd!!
Hannah and her Mother, Brenda D. Lavell, our gracious host.
Hannah and her softball team ~ looking fantastic!!
which is my absolute favorite. Sweet Dreams rocked the cupcakes!
make a huge difference!
Who doesn't love the candy table???
The Samba Dance Troupe making Hannah one of their own!!
These people can make some NOISE!!!!
Hannah had a blast dancing with the Troupe.
The back room of the Rio Grill was a surprise to the guests and dubbed "The Party Room"! As we unveiled the curtain guests entered the room that Janice at Town & Country drapped in Hot Pink, Eggplant and Lime. The room sparkled from the lighting cast onto the jeweled chandelier. Todd Henry from AMS wasted no time getting the party started!!! Our photographers, Craig & Jeff pulled double duty with the Grand Entrance photos and the Party Booth Photos! SO FUN!!
Another great event, thanks to all the fantastic event specialists! Thank you!!!
Photography ~ [a.s.] Photo Studios
Rentals/Decor ~ Town & Country Party Rentals
Floral & Feathers ~ Dana's Awesome Blossoms
Venue ~ Rio Grill Brazilian Steakhouse
Lighting ~ Media Solutions, Inc.
Cupcakes ~ Sweet Dreams Cakery
Entertainment ~ Samba Dance Troupe
Entertainment ~ AMS ~ Todd Henry
Print ~ Moua Design